Thursday 19 December 2013

My New Job!

Hello everyone! I have yet to receive a call into work this morning, giving me the perfect opportunity to FINALLY make a blog post!

I have some very exciting news to share: as of Januray 6th I will be a year 4 teacher!!! (equivalent to grade 3 in Canada/US). I am also moving. Tomorrow. Across the country. Mind you, the country isn't huge but I will be travelling about 5 hours to the lovely city of Portsmouth.

Then, on Sunday I am boarding a plane for Canada to come home for Christmas - talk about a busy week!

I am very excited and nervous to have my own classroom. I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to observe in my new class for a few days, all my new students seem very sweet and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. Here is a pic of the front of my new room. (Note the One Direction advent calendar on the floor under the chart paper!)


I'm sure I'll be posting more frequently now that I'm going to be putting resources together for my walls and working on getting my guided reading groups ready (any ideas for guided reading activities would be greatly appreciated!).

Here is my funny story for the week:
I was teaching a year 1 class this week that I've had several times before. While making a frame around their picture of themselves with Santa (he visited them at school last week) I had this conversation with one of my students,
Student: "That's not the real Santa, he has a watch!"
Me: "Santa can't have a watch?"
Student: "No!"
Me: "Why not?"
Student: "Because it makes him look silly."
I couldn't help but laugh because he was so serious about it.

I hope you are all having a great last day(s) at school and that you have a (relatively) stress free holiday!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I hope I can treat you to lunch some day when you are home. Safe travels!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete